General Ship Associates
Annual Dinner and Dance
Each year Boston General Ship & Engine Works held a Dinner Dance bringing together its associates in the shipbuilding business.
In the year 1944, the following companies appeared in the program for the dinner dance featuring the Roy Arntz (Marsh) Orchestra.
We are providing the complete list as it is such a fascinating documentation of all the multiple facets of the shipbuilding business.
- Weise Engineering Equipment Co., High Street, Boston Mass.
- West Paint & Varnish Company
- Hall Tug & Barge Corporation, 88 Broad Street, Boston
- W. E. Clark & Co, Inc, Steel, Milk Street, Boston
- McKie Lighter Company, Atlantic Avenue, Boston
- The Gibby Press, East Boston, Mass.
- Richards and Case, Drugs, 333 Meridian Street, East Boston
- Henry J. Kunzig, Marine Electrical Engineer, 278 State Street, Boston
- Boston Pike and Fittings Co. Inc, 149 Sidney Street
- W. E. Palmer Co. Inc, Marine Canvas Products, Long Wharf
- Boston Armature Works, Inc, 47 Haverville Street
- George Lawley & Son Corp'n - Shipbuilding and Repairing, 26 Ericsson Street
- Chemical Cleaning Process Company, 286 State St.
- Fields Corner Brass Foundry, Dorchester, Mass
- C.E. Hall & Sons, Inc, Trucking, 60 New Cross Street, Somerville, Mass.
- John R. Parry, Mill Supplies, Heavy Hardwear, 135 Pearl St, Boston, Mass.
- Seville Hardware, 255 Meridian Steet
- Charles Bruning Co, Inc, 72 Summer Street
- Akeson Fuel Co. Inc, 235 Salem Street, Woburn, Mass.
- East Boston Savings Bank
- Dr. Louis Cohen, 108 Meridian Street
- McAuliffe & Burke Co, Plumbing and Heating Supplies, 19-29 Troy Street, Boston, Mass.
- New England Boiler Setting Company, 106 Webster Street, Arlington 74, Mass
- Boston Spring Bed Mfg. Co - Bedding Products for the Marine Trade
- Boston Line & Service Co, Lewis Wharf
- Walter W. Field & Son
- National Cylinder Gas Co.
- Collins the Florist, 585 Broadway, Chelsea, Mass.
- C. A. Westhaver, Distributor of Plibrico Refractory Products, Lechmere Warehouse, Cambridge 41 Mass.
- A. Cohen, Dealer in Scrap Iron and Metals - 115 Crawford Street, Roxbury, Mass
- Boston Locker & Shelving Co, 30 Oliver Street, Boston
- Bay State Dredging and Contractiong Co, 62 Condor Street, East Boston
- Trawler Oil Corp, Tanker Service, Fish Pier, Boston
- Boston Beal & Co, 465 Atlantic Ave, Boston
- George McQuesten Co., Inc, 422 Border Street, East Boston
- Reasoner Took & Supply Co, Cutting Tool Specialists, 144 Pearl Street
- East Boston Lime & Cement Co., 26 Lewis Street, East Boston
- Capt. A. Langois, Motor Boat Service, 22 T. Wharf, Boston
- C. G. Edwards & Co, Ship Chandlery and Marine Hardware, 290 State Street
- Edward J. McHugh & Son, with a dedication to "A Fine Body of Hard Workers" - 1095 Saratoga Street
- Thomas E. Hogan, distributors of Fiske Tires - Willard Batteries, 87 Huntington Ave.
- General Wiper Supply Co., Wiping and Polishing Cloths
- O'Toole Company, Galley Equipment, 681 Beacon Street, Boston, Mas
- Gas-Weld Equipment Co, Inc, 26 Cambria Street, Boston, Mass
- Rausch's Bakery and Luncheonette, Home of Downyflake Doughnuts, 16 Central Sq., East Boston
- Marshall & Co, Inc, Electric, 368 Congress Street, Boston, Mass
- Bearings Specialty Company, 665 Beacon Street, Boston
- Cutter Wood and Sanderson, Heavy Hardware, Mill Supplies, Cambridge, Mass
- Ross Towboat Co, Towing in Harbor Bay and Intermediate Ports, Pumping, 28 T. Wharf, Boston